Monday, December 31, 2012

Why I'm Here...

I'm not a "fashionista", I don't know everything about the latest trends - and I don't even always like them. I'm not beautiful, I'm not skinny and I don't have unlimited funds to spend on top labels. I am horrible at styling my hair and my make-up never seems to be 'flawless'... 

I've always had a love/hate relationship with fashion. I love fashion because I do think clothes/shoes/accessories can be absolutely beautiful! And I do enjoy reading magazines, blogs, or watching shows about it all. On the latter side, I hate fashion because I never look like I want to in the clothes I wear - I see an outfit in a magazine and I try to recreate it and SURPRISE! I don't look like the model! I know I'm not the only one who has been disappointed by their body or looks; and that's why I'm writing this. I'm on a journey this year to make myself over from the inside out. I plan on dedicating this year to bettering the way I feel about myself and bettering the way I look. I'm also on a mission to find essential and unique pieces for my closet, trends as I see them happening this year and inexpensive ways to keep up with them (did I mention I'm also currently unemployed?)  This is the first blog I've ever kept so I hope you'll be patient with me, I'm learning as I go. Feel free to share your thoughts and maybe even your struggles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment